MAMFT’s Relationship and Sex Therapy Conference
Friday, October 27, 2017
University of Minnesota – Duluth
First Round of proposals are due April 30, 2017.
Interested in being a vendor or sponsor?
MAMFT is seeking proposals for breakout sessions that highlight relationships and sexuality. The workshops will be 90 minutes in length and should focus on therapeutic approaches, techniques, interventions, skill development, application of techniques in the therapy session, best practices relevant to relationships and sexuality, etc. Workshop proposals are open to all types of couple relationships including heterosexual couples, homosexual couples, polyamorous couples, open relationships, dating couples, married couples, divorcing couples etc.
We will not accept proposals pertaining to issues not related to couples, relationships, and sexuality such as parenting, co-parenting, blended families as specific to family dynamics, or relationship dynamics outside of “the couple”. We are trying to keep this conference specific to addressing the needs of the couple unit.
Please consider the following key points when submitting proposals, as they must include: (Click here for the application form)
- A title for the workshop / presentation
- Primary Presenter : this person will receive all conference correspondence to share with additional presents. Name, professional degree, job, title, employer, address, telephone number, and email, as you would like them to appear on the conference program. Please list presenting experience, specifically experience in publications and relevant therapeutic experience.
- Additional Presenters : Name, professional degree, job title, employer, address, telephone number, and email, as you would like them to appear on the conference program. Please list presenting experience, specifically experience in publications and relevant therapeutic experience.
- Abstract / Description of your presentation : Please be brief and specific in relation to couples, applications, techniques, and interventions to use when working with couples.
- Audio / Visual: specify any audiovisual equipment that will be needed.
- Participant outcomes and learning objectives : Please list a minimum of three learning objectives regarding what participants will gain from attending this session. Limit each objective to specific targets and use the stem: “Participants will __________”.
- Supporting summary (300 word limit) : Summary of your presentation for use in review of proposal and future conference marketing materials.
- Session Narrative: This is to help the reviewers assess whether the objectives for the session are realistic and achievable. In narrative form (do not use an outline or bullet points), detail how you plan to structure the session. Include how you plan to allocate the available time to cover all aspects of your proposal. Address how experiential activities, handouts, audiovisuals, etc., will be used in this session.
- Level of content : This area describes the focus of the presentation. This does not describe the overall experience level of the participant, but the level of familiarity attendees are presumed to have with the subject of the presentation.
- Presentation Style : Please choose the most appropriate presentation style, i.e. Lecture: primarily didactic with little audience participation, or Interactive: considerable amount of experiential exercises and/or small group discussions.
Questions? Email: Charline (email@example.com) or Julie (firstname.lastname@example.org)