The MN session is over! It ended May 20th. Although there were not as many wins as we hoped for, this session still passed more bills to support mental health initiatives than many past sessions! So we are calling that a win! Take a look through the following list to see some of the highlights from the 2019 Session here!
MAMFT is accepting proposals for White Papers on the Efficacy and Economic Viability of Access to Marriage and Family Therapists. Compensation is available. More info here!
Co-Chairpersons – email@example.com
Erin Pash ~ LMFT, Ellie Family Services
Tamara Statz – LMFT, Vibrant Living Senior Services
Committee Mission and Goals:
To bridge the avenues of MAMFT, State Legislators, members of the Minnesota community and other marriage and family therapists toward an ongoing dialogue about services, practices, community support and social justice in the state of Minnesota.
- Increase Minnesota’s Marriage and Family Therapists presence and visibility at the State Capitol with state representatives and senators.
- Build coalitions with local and community support systems to increase availability and access of therapeutic services for Minnesotans
- Build and maintain relationships with similar committees with Social Workers, Psychologists, and other mental health professionals
- Build and maintain relationships with the Legislative Committees of Marriage and Family Therapy Associations from neighboring states
- Build database of legislative information for Minnesota’s Marriage and Family Therapists to increase scope of committee events and efforts around the state.
The legislative activities often require large numbers of people to support the ongoing efforts involved in legislative change. The legislative committee encourages all members of MAMFT to be involved with legislative change as often as possible. Members are encouraged to attend legislative events when they are able, including but not limited to meetings with MAMFT, Days on the Hill, open forum and community events where legislative issues related to the field of marriage and family therapy are discussed and meetings between MAMFT and legislators and associated bodies of government.
Find My Representative and Senator: http://www.gis.leg.mn/OpenLayers/districts/
Text RESIST to 50409 to find out who represents you in Congress and deliver your message to them in under 2 minutes (This program is provided by Resistbot. MAMFT does not endorse Resistbot.)